You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,000.0 per year
About Costain and your project.
The Costain Graduate Development Scheme is an intensive 2-year programme designed to equip high flying graduates with the skills and experience required to take them forward in their career with the company. We expect graduates to rotate after 12 months to another sector of the business. Graduates will work on a number of projects around the UK during the 2-year programme, in sectors including Nuclear, Highways, Rail, Water, Oil & Gas and Power.
Costain offers a range of exciting development opportunities to accelerate your career and enable you to achieve your potential both during and after the Graduate Development Scheme.play-rounded-fill play-rounded-outline play-sharp-fill play-sharp-outline pause-sharp-outline pause-sharp-fill pause-rounded-outline pause-rounded-fill 00:04 02:39 02:35 CCClosed CaptionsNo subtitles Technology Enabling Services
What will I be doing?
The role of Graduate Quantity Surveyor is to assist in administration and management of costs and contracts relating to projects. The role may involve all aspects of work from the initial tender to final account and close out, seeking to minimise the costs and enhance value for money whilst achieving the required standards and quality. This role will work under the close direction and supervision of a more senior quantity surveyor.
- Prepare enquiries, analyse tenders, negotiate and manage allocated accounts including orders, payments & final accounts and close outs in accordance with customer or company procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment or the assessment & preparation of payment certificates.
- Play a key role in capturing, managing and communicating change and risk on the project in accordance with the Contract
- Assist in the preparation of the Project Control Reporting including project cost & value / EVA reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Report to Line Management when contractual notices and correspondence with both customer and sub-contractors are required in accordance with the Contract.
Assisting with the reporting of the Project Budget / Cost Report
- Undertake record-keeping including but not limited to collating site records, the preparation of meeting packs, meeting invites and taking meeting minutes
- Carry out supply chain performance reviews on allocated packages
- Contribute to Value management / value engineering.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental risk situations are brought to the attention of Contract Leader / Project Manager.
- Hold an RICS/CICES accredited degree, or enrolled on an accredited part-time post-graduate degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Enrolled and working towards Full Membership of either RICS or CICES.
- Mobility to work on various projects over the 2-year programme throughout the UK.
Assessment centres will take place at our Head Office in Maidenhead, SL6 4UB.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Costain Group
At Costain, we are transforming into the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company.
Through our integrated consultancy, technology, asset optimisation and complex delivery services we are meeting the essential needs of the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Our work drives efficiency, safe
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Maidenhead, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1865