- Derby, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 12 Apr, 2019
- Posted on 27 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
About the Programme
Our Software Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited scheme. You will contribute to software projects within Balfour Beatty Rail Technologies by undertaking analysis, design, and development activities in line with the business software development process, software quality plans, and all other internal quality processes.
You will develop robust maintainable software for projects allocated by the business and support the full project lifecycle as required from requirements capture through to final testing.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years; you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
This role will be working for Balfour Beatty Rail.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
What we're looking for
- A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) in Software Engineering
- Experience of Visual Studio development environment, C# or C++. Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a bonus
- Basic understanding of LINQ, SQL, SQL Server, Lambda expressions
- Experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
What you'll need:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Our Software Engineering Graduate schemes are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty Rail
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Balfour Beatty
We are looking for the next generation of infrastructure experts.
We think that could be you.
Who we are
We finance, design and build the structures that underpin our daily lives. With over 100 years’ experience, we create and care for the infrastructure that enables societies and economies to grow.
We work throu
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1909