You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 29 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 1,200.0 per month
We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch because we recently closed our Series B funding, backed by a great group of strategic investors who believe in the growth of the new category of travel accommodation - homes - and in our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
Hostmaker is a tech enabled full-service home rentals management company in the proptech category, offering dynamic pricing expertise, thoughtful interior design and hotel-style operations for homes. We raised a Series B round in November 2017 and are backed by institutional funding from credible investors from technology, real estate and hospitality backgrounds.
Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, recognised our industry leadership by selecting Hostmaker as preferred partner for its first foray into serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in April, 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just three years to be the European leader with international teams in offices in major destinations - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon.
Hostmaker was featured by Forbes as one of five fastest-growing British businesses to watch in 2016 and ranked #20 and then #11 by StartUps UK in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
What You Can Expect
- To gain amazing experience in a fast-paced hospitality startup
- To develop a varied set of skills - no two days are the same, and you could be tasked with anything from meeting and greeting guests, to managing our hosts’ inboxes and developing new concierge services
- To polish your problem-solving skills. We’ll be testing your mettle with a whole host of tasks, some of them we’ve never tackled before!
- To brush up on your knowledge of London’s hidden spots and greatest hits – particularly busy days might see you greeting curious guests on the doorsteps of some of London’s prettiest pads.
- To work full-time, with the occasional shifts over weekends and bank holidays. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too!)
Who Are You?
- You truly get the homestay experience
- You have good written English (French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese are all a bonus!)
- You have a strong, affable personality
- You are the best time-manager in the West
- Your trouble-shooting skills are second to none.
- You've got great attention to detail, which you'll prove to us when you remember to mention your favourite holiday destination in your Cover Letter
- Client-facing or hospitality experience is a plus!
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- £1200 per month (gross)
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re in London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, and Lisbon!)
- Regular celebrations and office snacks
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
HOSTMAKER is the leading European home rentals management company, whose vision is to unlock the potential of every home by taking the hassle out of short, mid and long-term rentals. We do this through our end-to-end management service that delivers thoughtfully designed interiors, smart algorithmic pricing decisions and a personal service de
- Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- in London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2014