You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Process Automation is a global business unit building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes and technologies. Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher and higher value utilising proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
About the role
As part of our business growth and talent drive an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA) business unit for an entry level, early career Commercial Contract Executive to join our Tendering team, supporting our North Europe and Sub-Saharan Hub (NESSA), focussing mainly on the UK&I activities. We are looking for the successful candidate to be based in our Coventry office ideally.As part of the UK&I Contract team, the mission of the Contract Executives is to:
- Mitigate the Risks in Business at tender & execution stage, dealing with contractual, financial and tax aspects and propose optimised contractual set-up.
- Guarantee compliance with Group policies and liaise with Corporate functions.
- Support on projects as full member of project team as strategic project resource dealing with Risk & Opportunity management as well change & claim process.
- Develop a culture of Best Practices.
This role will support the pre-and post-commercial contracts in our Hub, mainly within the UK&I geography. The position will report to our Hub Tendering Director and will operate as part of the UK&I Contract team. The position will work alongside an experienced Commercial Manager, who will support, mentor and coach you.
You should be able to demonstrate theoretical and/ or practical knowledge within a commercial contracts environment, ideally within one of the following market sectors Utilities (water/gas etc), Oil and gas, pharmaceutical and/or Construction, although this is not essential.play-rounded-fill play-rounded-outline play-sharp-fill play-sharp-outline pause-sharp-outline pause-sharp-fill pause-rounded-outline pause-rounded-fill 00:00 04:00 04:00 CCClosed CaptionsNo subtitles Graduates at Schneider Electric
Hear it all, straight from our graduates.
At tender phase:
- Perform T&C reviews (including but not limited to NDA’s, Frameworks, Project Contracts (Standard, Bespoke, Standard from (FIDIC, NEC, JCT etc), Support & Maintenance contracts) & propose winning contractual set-up, seeking guidance from Commercial Manager or referring to corporate Legal for complex T&C.
- Identify, review and mitigate financial, legal & commercial risks in coordination with Subject Matter Experts.
- Negotiate T&Cs with the customer, business partners & third party suppliers seeking guidance from Commercial Manager or taking direction from Legal if needed, ensuring back to back contracts where appropriate.
- Deploy Corporate guidelines, support re Change order & Claim approach & Best Practices - Ensure guidelines are followed/ approvals received.
- Support in Sales to Delivery handovers.
- Support in the compilation and completion of new business tenders (including RFPs/ ITTs etc).
At execution Phase (supporting):
- Follow project execution vs. contractual rights and obligations.
- Draft or support the drafting of contractual correspondences, referring to corporate Legal for complex agreements.
- Support Project Mangers on contractual risk & opportunity identification and management.
- Propose and support the deployment of mitigation actions.
- Define change order process and contribute to implement the claim management strategy.
- Ensure local tax, bonding, insurance & customs issues are identified and addressed.
You will need:
- Some exposure or experience within a commercial contracts environment (may include a year out in industry or similar).
- Ability to prioritise and balance workload, with effective self-motivation and strong organisational skills, working to tight deadline, and managing several deadlines at any given time.
- A degree in Quantity surveying or similar.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written including presentation skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence effectively, both internally within the Hub, across the wider Schneider Electric and externally to organisation.
- Strong desire to learn, develop and grow your career.
- Ability to challenge professionally, creating scope for discussion and negotiation.
- Ideally exposure or understanding of a projects or engineering business.
- Pragmatic, with financial and commercial awareness, with an interest in the wider business.
- Ideally a valid UK driving licence with a willingness to travel as and when necessary.
- Any other reasonable duties - this list is not exhaustive.
We are unable to support sponsorship to work in the UK for this position therefore please ensure you have the right to work in the UK prior to applying.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation System
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Scarborough, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1836