You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Malmesbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again. Identifying a problem is the easy part. The clever bit is building the core technologies to solve it.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
Our Research department has experts from a range of disciplines, but ideally you’ll have a background in one of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Materials Science
- Sensory & Consumer Science
Whether you are with us for 12 weeks or 12 months, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Designing and building experimental rigs to investigate new technologies
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data
- Collaborating with technology suppliers
- Combining experimental testing with analytical modelling to produce a design guides for a new technologies
- Representing the Research team when presenting your work to Directors for review
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions.
In a team who are always seeking new technologies and methods to make future Dyson technology possible, you’ll need to be highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible in order to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach and inquisitive scientific mind.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline, but with an interest in technical science, engineering or product development.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Who we are
We’re Dyson, a global technology enterprise. Since 1993 we’ve been finding new ways to solve real-world problems – from vacuum cleaners with revolutionary cyclone technology, to a hairdryer with intelligent heat control. Our global headquarters, home to our first RDD centre, is located in the Cotswolds where the Dyson stor
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- Malmesbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993
1, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury SN16 0RP, UK