- Bristol, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 May, 2019
- Posted on 14 Apr, 2019
- Start date: 13 Jun, 2019
The Pets at Home Vet Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 5 years. We are the largest vet group in the UK with 450+ vet practices.
This is an exciting time to join the Company as the Vet Group is part of the listed Pets at Home Group and forms a significant part of their future strategy and growth plans, offering outstanding career opportunities. We are based in state of the art offices in central Swindon where the culture is friendly and supportive. You must share our passion for pets as we are driven by providing the best in both customer service and pet care throughout the Group, and our veterinary practices around the UK.
The Compliance team works alongside the other finance teams to deliver a statutory reporting and tax compliance package for a growing group of joint venture businesses.
The role will be focussed on providing all round support to the corporation tax, VAT and employment tax processes. Reporting to the Compliance Tax Lead, the role will be responsible for assisting with the following tasks:
- Collating and analysing information for third party to prepare Corporation Tax computations;
- Assisting with Corporation Tax queries from third party in preparation of the return;
- Assist Tax lead with reviewing elements of the Corporation Tax computations and making Corporation Tax payments;
- Submission of corporation tax returns and tagged accounts with HMRC;
- Preparation, submission and payment of Group and Joint Venture quarterly VAT returns;
- Balance Sheet reconciliations of Quarterly VAT returns;
- Preparation and submission of Group and Joint Venture PSA ;
- Correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs and Companies House;
- Other finance/compliance work, as and when required.
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent;
- The role would suit someone currently studying towards an accountancy qualification (eg. ACCA ) or who has completed AAT or ATT (Tax Technician); Study support is available to continue qualification to completion.
- Exposure within an accounts or tax environment would desirable but not essential;
- Strong Excel skills are essential with knowledge of other MS Office applications;
- Organised and proactive with a passion for accuracy and a drive for improvement;
- Strong communication skills, must be able to communicate complex financial issues in an understandable manner to non-financial partners and colleagues;
- Ability to work well in a team meeting tight deadlines and work effectively across disciplines;
- The ability to own problems to a conclusion
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage strict deadlines
We pride ourselves in being able to support our colleagues with a great benefits package including the following:-
- Pension Scheme
- 4x Life Assurance Scheme
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service
- Birthday Leave (1 day)
- Option to purchase additional 5 days annual leave (HolBay)
- Private Health Care scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free Parking
- 20% discount at Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room and The Vet Group surgeries
- Agile Working Hours
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Values Awards
- Lifeworks - Online cashback rewards
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- Employee Assistance Programme - Retail Trust
- Bring your dog to work When starting your new career with The Vet Group, you will complete an induction week with includes a full induction day in Support Office and spending 4 days in our local vet surgeries, meeting colleagues and pets and understanding how they work so that you are best placed to provide the support they need once you start your new role at the Support Office.
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.