- Nottingham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 20 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 06 Feb, 2019
We have an excellent opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our Browne Jacobson LLP Nottingham office on an interim basis (6 months). Working as part of our fantastic Legal Support Services team, you will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support to our legal departments, enabling them to deliver an exceptional service to our clients.
- Proactively dealing with client and third party telephone calls, answering queries where able and acting on initiative to provide exceptional client service
- File management - updating and maintaining all files, ensuring documents are filed correctly and named in line with the business wide naming convention and the correct folder structures are adopted (both electronic and paper)
- Ensuring client and matter data is maintained within our case management and practice management systems, raising requests with the CMI team as appropriate.
- Printing/copying/scanning of documents (subject to size), referring to document solutions for support with high volume jobs
- Managing incoming mail - ensuring all mail is scanned into the correct file, appropriately named, attachments/enclosures are included and hard copies retained where appropriate
- Managing outgoing mail - ensuring all outgoing mail and enclosures are sent, saved into the correct file, approval to send is given/signatures obtained, hard copies printed and documents uploaded to client portals/case management systems where appropriate
- Organising hand deliveries and courier requests
- File opening - ensuring engagement letters are sent, matters are set up on the relevant document/case management system and Lexcel administration
- Assisting with the production of court bundles, ensuring the master bundle is correctly paginated and redacted where necessary, sufficient notice and instructions provided to document solutions where applicable and suitable delivery methods pre-booked as required
- Providing support with the management of key dates and delivery milestones, ensuring dates are accurately recorded and monitored and notifications are actioned by lawyers
- Providing assistance with data room set up and maintenance
- Updating Interaction with new prospects, clients and contacts, activities and business development information as required
- Assisting with arranging meetings, travel and accommodation as required
- Assisting with matter related finance administration to include APRs, BACs, TTs
- Completion of expenses as required
- File closure administration, to include compliance with Lexcel procedures
- Archiving/file storage
- Receiving instructions via digital dictation for tasks and acting upon the same
- Travel to other offices as and when required
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post
- Preferably educated to A-level (or equivalent) with 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including maths and English
- Relevant office based administration experience
- Sound IT skills - Word, Excel and Outlook
- You would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- An effective communicator with the ability to establish professional relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage own time effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive, professional and flexible approach to work
- Keen to develop over a period of time with a willingness and ability to learn
Here at Browne Jacobson, we operate an agile working policy - so a great opportunity for you to 'hot desk’ and get to know other members of your team!
Browne Jacobson LLP Nottingham is centrally located and easily accessible via a number of public transport links.
Excellent benefits package!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Browne Jacobson
We are a full service national law firm with offices in Birmingham, Exeter, London, Manchester and Nottingham - with an impressive client portfolio, including blue chip corporates, local and owner managed businesses, NHS Trusts, major insurers, education and public sector organisations.
We have delivered consecutive o
- Nottingham, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1832