- Bristol, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 28 May, 2019
- Posted on 29 Mar, 2019
There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast-paced roles, in small teams, with high levels of delegated responsibility, to define and develop products and the associated technology plans for future products.
- Customer needs analysis/elicitation
- Develop concepts, undertake trade studies
- Opportunities to own task packages, drive programmes, manage finances and interface with technology areas.
- Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
- Support bids for future development
- What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to network across the business, inc Technology Functions, Sales & Business Development and Programmes
- Develop a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering
- Work across multi-faceted domains of technical engineering, technology and business skill bases.
- Help to shape the future opportunities for MBDA
- What’s great about the team?
- MBDA future systems teams tend to be small and therefore each role is key to overall success. We strive to develop individuals and to provide opportunities for people to own their own task packages and run the technical and business interfaces. The work is very diverse and therefore there is acceptance that individuals will need to develop the technology skill set, therefore placing more emphasis on an individual’s behaviours and potential. There is a lot of customer interfacing and helping to develop what the real needs are.
- What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified witha strong engineering or science background
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
- Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
- Ability to respond to customer requests; from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
- Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
- What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
About MBDA UK
A world leader in missiles and missile systems.
Our multi-national organisation is made up of over 10,000 employees working across the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the US, and is the first truly integrated European defence company.
As the European champion in our sector, our vision is to continue to grow our prese
- Engineering & industrial
- Stevenage, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2001