You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By ‘Connecting Markets East & West’, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Corporate Infrastructure overview:
Our Corporate Infrastructure business areas are what underpins the success of the entire organisation. These are the functions that support the business, helping us deliver innovative financial solutions that set Nomura apart in the global marketplace. In our highly competitive and fast-paced industry, strong infrastructure teams are fundamental to our success. Work in these areas with us and you’ll be operating at the forefront of your field, as well as gaining a valuable insight into how Nomura operates on a global scale.
The Finance Full-Time Analyst programme aims to give you exposure into Tax, Treasury, Product Control and Financial Resource Management.
As a graduate Analyst, you will receive dedicated training and support to develop your career and professional skills. Our comprehensive 2 week training programme will focus on risk management, lifecycle of a trade, global markets products, i.e. derivatives, FX, etc. and financial statement analysis, alongside business speakers and networking opportunities. You will receive professional development training and Nomura Orientation to help you maximize your potential. The training programme ensures that the emphasis is on practical application so that you are able to immediately contribute to our business.
Throughout your career development you will be supported both by a buddy, mentor and dedicated programme management team.
What’s your role?
Through this programme, you will gain in-depth knowledge of Finance whilst being exposed to a wide breadth of finance disciplines, including:
- Treasury - Understand key drivers for liquidity for Nomura entities, analyze the liquidity position of Nomura entities, manage the liquidity systems and data feeds that support stress testing for certain business / product lines, and provide commentary to Treasury management on changes in the liquidity profile of individual entities.
- Product Control - Review daily trading activity to ensure correct accounting and P&L recognition treatment, perform independent price testing of trading portfolios using market data and internal models, conduct P&L discussions with trading desks at the end of each day, provide explanation of trading P&L and reporting to Product Control, and management of the consolidated weekly, monthly and quarterly commentaries.
- Financial Resource Management - Understand the balance sheet and capital position of Nomura entities, analyse key issues around P&L, balance sheet and capital management, manage databases and modelling projections of financial resources into the future, and provide inputs into internal and external communication around key challenges and solutions for resource related issues.
- Tax - Assist with preparation of UK corporate tax returns to meet all UK group compliance obligations, assist with the EMEA quarterly tax provisioning / reporting process, become familiar with key concepts within Corporate and VAT tax law, and advise on operational tax matters including withholding tax obligations and various stamp duties.
What are we looking for?
At Nomura our goal is to attract and develop exceptionally talented people who share our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. We recruit graduates and interns with a high level of academic and extra-curricular achievement, who will be able to withstand the rigours of a rapidly changing, demanding but ultimately rewarding environment.
As a graduate, you should be in your final year at university and on track to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent.
How to apply
To apply for a 2019 Full-Time Analyst position, candidates should be available for full time employment in September 2019.
Fluency in English is essential.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Ba
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1925
1 Angel Ln, London EC4R 3AB, UK