You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Publishing Team Administrator
Reports to: Head of sales and revenue
Normal location: Kings Place
Terms and conditions: Permanent
Job dimensions (financial, operational, people etc.):
Providing administrative support to the Publishing department. The department sits in the Brand and reader revenues division of GNM, and is responsible for managing the P&L of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, and The Guardian Weekly.
Purpose of role
To provide first class administrative support to the Publishing team and ensure that the team operates smoothly.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Coordinating the monthly circulation audit process
- Processing retail, marketing and product invoices and raising purchase orders for new and current suppliers
- Using reporting software to report on vouchers, sales and publishing figures
- Dealing with reader and retailer email queries and phone calls
- Diary management including arranging internal and external meetings and events for the senior Publishing management team
- Managing holiday and sickness and booking travel and accommodation for senior Publishing management and their respective teams
- Adhoc coordination of administrative projects and tasks for the wider Publishing team
Key contacts and relationships (internal and external)
- Head of sales and revenue, Director of Publishing, Product team, Distribution team, Production team Finance Department, HR Department, Marketing Department and External suppliers
Knowledge and experience
- Microsoft office applications – particularly excel
Skills aptitudes and behaviours
- Aptitude for working with numerical data and dealing with mathematical formula
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills with ability to prioritise & multitask
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent administration skills
- Highly professional business manner, Able to deal with confidential information sensitively and discreetly
This job description is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows, you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.
Our values - honesty, integrity, courage, fairness, and a sense of duty to the reader and the community
Diversity and Inclusion:
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About The Guardian
Guardian News & Media (GNM) publishes theguardian.com, one of the largest English-speaking quality newspaper websites in the world. Since launching its US and Australia digital editions in 2011 and 2013 respectively, traffic from outside of the UK now represents over two-thirds of the Guardian's total digital audience.
In the UK, GNM p
- Media, Publishing & Events
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1821
Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, UK