- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Feb, 2019
- Posted on 11 Dec, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 15,000.0 per year
Information on the company
Our client is a private bank operating in over 30 locations worldwide with a focus on financial planning, offshore trusts, company formation and management.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,250 per month.
How can you expect to spend your day?
In this internship you will join the Regulatory Compliance Team, working towards gaining practical skills and knowledge and improving understanding of a particular job or department. You will also familiarise yourself with the ways of working in the private banking industry, including meeting deadlines, working in a team and ways of communicating in a professional environment. Additionally, you will gain insight into the way organisations operate and the challenges they face. Finally, you will have an opportunity to start establishing a professional network.Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
- Assisting with data gathering and reviews, producing documents and reports.
- Maintaining Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Assisting in reviewing complaints and associated recordkeeping.
- Reviewing financial promotions proposed for clients.
- Helping to provide general compliance support and advice to operational departments.
- Supporting the Regulatory Compliance team with ad hoc regulatory projects, admin and tasks.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
The ideal intern for this position is a recent graduate looking to develop a successful career in banking and finance, ideally with prior experience or education relating to the industry.
- Educated to degree level, high academic achievers preferred.
- The drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including fluency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Proactive and diligent.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
What are the perks of working for this company?
- During your internship you will work closely with one of the Senior Compliance Analysts who will act as your mentor and coach. They will allocate work to you, supervise you and provide ongoing feedback on your performance. They will act as a first point of contact for any queries or concerns you might have and also evaluate the success of your time with EFG at the end of your internship.
- This is an excellent and rare opportunity for a graduate (or undergraduate) looking to develop experience working for a large private bank and receive hands on training and mentoring from highly experienced industry professionals.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Inspiring Interns
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2009
22A Theobalds Rd, London, UK