- Full-time employment
- Apply by 28 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 28 Feb, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 33,000.0 per year
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 2 year Graduate Programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story.
In Supplier Quality Engineering, or as it's known internallyat HPP – Supplier Technical Assistance, we work collaboratively across the business to enable the pace of technology development by creating a dynamic and responsive external supply chain. The team is responsible for ensuring that quality assured parts are delivered from our external suppliers on time, to specification and to the required quantities in order to meet business's evolving needs.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Graduates with a scheme which will provide exposure to Formula 1. In addition to this, we are also leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”. To do this you will;
- Work closely with Purchasing and Electronics Engineering to identify and select the most capable and efficient suppliers.
- Support Electronics Engineering, Purchasing and external suppliers to resolve technical challenges and assure part conformance to drawings, specifications and requirements.
- Determine supplier capability and capacity, and provide technical support to achieve supplier readiness.
- Engage with the part design process to ensure that Engineers are aware of quality history and known supplier challenges and provide effective design for manufacture capability and cost optimisation.
- Champion process improvements with suppliers to optimise their technical capability to manufacture to our requirements.
- Ensure alignment to programme deliverables to support on-time, parts-in-stores delivery dates.
- In addition to Supplier Technical Assistance, you will also spend time in Manufacturing Engineering, Programme Management and Energy Recovery Systems (ERS)Build to enhance your development.
In part two of the #Halfway2Impossible series, we discover the team at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains (HPP) drew inspiration from jet engines, helicopter turbines and even trucks when designing the unique turbocharger configuration at the heart of the Mercedes-Benz F1 Power Unit.
What can we offer you?
We can offer you the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development environment and, supported by a wealth of expertise, you will take on the challenges faced when delivering championship-winning Formula 1 and high specification Automotive parts, services and programmes. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Formula 1 and to develop into a wider operations management role, all whilst being supported by our mentoring programme. You may also have the opportunity to work towards chartered status with the IMechE via our MPDS registered scheme.
Our benefits package includes:
- Performance bonus.
- Podium bonus based on F1 results.
- Company lease car scheme.
- 36 days' annual leave.
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme.
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts.
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment.
- A 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant Electronic/ Electrical/ Automotive / Mechatronics/ Motorsport / Aeronautical or related degree e.g. Sciences or Maths.
- A strong academic background in relevant A-Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example maths or sciences.
- An excellent understanding of electronic system engineering principles coupled with excellent fault finding & diagnostic skills. Previous Experience in analysing & understanding complex data would be desirable.
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity.
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills.
What to do next:
- Submit your on-line application and CV.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment centre which will take place between March – April 2018.
- If successful the scheme will start on Monday 3rd September 2018.
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days' annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mercedes AMG HPP
Do you want a career where you work on projects that push the boundaries of your creativity and technical capabilities? Where your passion can help to push the boundaries of science and technology on the Formula 1 race track and the road?
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testi
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Northampton, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in