You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Financial Restructuring Group
Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with nearly 200 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In 2017, we worked on more than 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Houlihan Lokey has advised on more than 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $2.5 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating complex, highly leveraged situations in short time frames. We are also a recognized leader in achieving merger and acquisition transactions for distressed companies.
The Financial Restructuring Group is expanding and we are looking for Summer Financial Analysts to be based in our London office.
Restructuring Summer Financial Analysts work specifically with the group, assisting with a variety of transactions, including creditor- and debtor-side restructurings and distressed mergers & acquisitions. The group offers a unique opportunity for Summer Financial Analysts to work on projects that provide exposure to various financial advisory and investment banking products and industries. These services include:
- Advising companies and stakeholders in out-of-court and in-court restructurings
- Debt and equity financings
- Distressed M&A advisory services
- Special-situation principal investing
- Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our client
Summer Financial Analysts are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate and financial analyst.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is results-driven and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards top performers with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients.
The following qualifications are required:
- Have a strong academic track record and hold or be on track for a 2:1 degree in accounting, economics and or finance
- A demonstrated interest in Restructuring
- Prior investment banking internship experience (M&A or an Industry team), Leverage Finance or Restructuring is desirable, but not essential
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional strong work ethic
The candidate must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment. The position is for a Summer Analyst Class of 2019 (i.e. Graduate Class of 2020 Financial Analyst).
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Houlihan Lokey
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1972
83 Pall Mall, St. James's, London SW1Y 5ES, UK