- Chichester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 30 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,500.0 per year
Share your passion for getting hands-on with us.
We believe in creating an environment where our interns really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer a number of internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 6 or 12 month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce – ‘take the best that exists and make it better’ permeates everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, while gaining practical insight into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
The Parts Quality team is responsible for the Quality Assurance of Purchased Parts to Goodwood throughout the complete product cycle
- Ensuring launch readiness at component level for the introduction of new models.
- The Parts Quality contribution to concept work and supplier nomination.
- The Parts Quality activities within the SE-Teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process.
- Supplier process and product validation through process series and initial sampling.
- The management and containment of non-conforming supplied parts within the Rolls-Royce Plant.
- The closed-loop problem resolution of Parts Quality problems with suppliers (incl. Field issues).
- The management of supplier Parts Quality performance and implementation of corrective actions (incl. escalation, supplier performance improvement, requalification).
- Managing the Parts Quality implications of running changes, supplier relocations and model run-out.
- Tailored Parts Quality activities for bespoke features.
Qualifications and experience
- Ideally candidates studying in an Engineering Degree
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- The ability to use Microsoft packages
We offer a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As well as being surrounded by many fellow interns throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BMW Group
Innovation is imagining what no one else can. Share your passion for excellence.
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opin
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Farnborough, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1916