You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
IT Technical Placement
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
IT at The Walt Disney Company
Disney’s IT teams provide support to all lines of business across the EMEA region, working in partnership to deliver solutions to aid the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
Role and responsibilities:
We have a number of IT based technical Internships across the business. The duties are varied and depending on the specialism of the role can involve; working with business stakeholders and the Analysis team to define quality, easy to use, cost effective solutions meeting business requirements. You will also get the opportunity to build and support applications using .NET technologies as well as working with various lines of business within Disney to produce IT solutions and the chance to produce business analysis (BA), System Architecture and Design, Development, Customization and Testing.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in 2020
- MUST have the right to work in the UK
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree such as Information Technology Management or Computer Science
- Experience of basic coding or testing is preferred
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best
- A great community of interns – regular social events plus online groups to discuss housing, moving to London etc. before you join us
- Fantastic opportunities to work on charity projects - to take part in our Disney VoluntEar scheme; volunteering in a range of charitable activities within the community, and supporting our main charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Company-wide learning and development opportunities - e.g. Networking sessions, annual Learning Expo, Training sessions, External speakers
- Family and Friends Screenings – opportunities to see latest Disney films and series in our in-house cinema and the West End.
- Salary of £21, 000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Season Ticket loan and fabulous discounts on a range of affiliated Disney products and destinations
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
- Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Walt Disney Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The C
- Media, Publishing & Events, Telecommunications
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1923
3 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, UK