You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Farnborough, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Jan, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,500.0 per year
AN OUTSTANDING STUDENT PLACEMENT IS NEVER HANDS-OFF
As a placement student with BMW (UK) Ltd, you will come into a real job role and be part of an established team. We believe in creating an environment where you really can learn, we treat you as part of the team from day one, you will be given your own areas of responsibilities. We will encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
BMW (UK) Ltd is based at the Summit ONE campus in Farnborough Hampshire, which is also home to BMW Financial Services and Alphabet. We are responsible for the Sales, Marketing and Aftersales operations across our 3 core brands BMW, MINI and Motorrad and supporting our independent Retailer network nationwide.
We offer a variety of opportunities across the business including Marketing, Finance, HR, Communications, Technical and Logistics.
• We pride ourselves on being able to offer placements full of responsibility, opportunities and a high level of exposure across the business.
• You will receive a full induction as well as on the job coaching, mentoring and personal development supported by our experts
• Student Placements for 2019 will start on the Monday 1st July (TBC) and you’ll spend your first weeks having a handover with the current placement student to get you up to speed.
• Competitive salary of £17,500 per annum, pension scheme.
• 27 days holiday allowance + Bank Holidays.
• We offer a modern way of working; an empowering office culture with flexible hours.
• Ability to apply for “Speed-Up” our programme designed to bring talented placement students back into the BMW Group once they’ve graduated.
• 25% of previous students return to BMW (UK) in a full-time role on finishing their studies.
• Please note that our Undergraduate Placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their studies following their placement with us.
• Studying towards a degree in Business or Marketing (on target for 2.1 or above)
Modern Retailing is the Innovation Hub of BMW Group UK. Our goal is to research and develop new ways to improve the Retail Experience for customers of the BMW, BMW i MINI and Motorrad brands in the UK. Our aim is to make our retail experience, both in retailer and online, stand out and create memorable moments for our customers at every possible touchpoint.
In this role you will provide support to the Modern Retailing team researching the marketplace to gather data on best practice both in the car industry and amongst other premium retailers, project managing specific elements of pilot projects, acting as the daily point of contact to retailers during set up of these pilot projects, gathering data and results and analysing effectiveness, making recommendations for improvements and acting as consultant to retailers during roll out.
• Manage specific elements of key pilot projects ensuring deadlines are met.
• Research best practice for specific pilot projects in and out of industry and prepare presentations with findings and recommendations.
• Promote Modern Retailing pilot projects to the retail network using all channels including websites, promotional video case studies, Retailer Handbooks, Point of sale materials, webinars and email marketing techniques.
• Represent Modern Retailing at Customer Facing events to promote tools directly to customers e.g. Goodwood Festival of Speed, BMW PGA Golf Championship
• Gathering and checking of all data from multiple sources and ensuring this data is quality checked and supplied in a timely fashion to agency to create the monthly reporting dashboard.
• Responsibility for monitoring IT systems and reporting errors into pre-defined IT error process and ensuring tenacious follow through to resolution.
• Alongside PM’s, contribute towards management of suppliers including meeting/call management- arranging and minute taking, follow up of actions, raising of purchase orders and invoice chasing
• Maintain project tracking towards on-time delivery.
• Including scheduling, agenda preparation and minute taking.
Why you should apply:
• The Modern Retailing student placement is a high profile, with an opportunity to work with other departments across the business.
• You will be given responsibility of at least one project from day one, although demanding it’s an opportunity to shine
• Every day is different in this role and is focussed on delivery as opposed to admin focused tasks
• Students are seen as our future talent and really trusted to come up with new ideas to change the way we operate.
• Exclusive and frequent exposure to our product range
• Opportunity to support at multiple high profile events like the PGA Championship and Goodwood Festival of Speed
Stage 1: Online application form*
Stage 2: Completion of Two online ability tests (within 5 days of receipt)
Stage 3: Telephone interview with the recruitment team
Stage 4: Face to face interview/Assessment Centre with the hiring manager
*Incomplete free text questions will result in your application not being progressed.
Applications close on 18th January 2019
For any further enquiries please contact the Central Recruitment Team at hr.services.recruitment@bmwg..
Qualifications and experience
Skills & Qualifications
• Self confidence in liaising with contacts at all levels proactively and diplomatically.
• Self-motivated and organised, able to prioritise and manage time effectively and work at a face pace on multiple tasks.
• Inquisitive, curious and hungry for knowledge.
• A ‘digital native’ – interested in the digital world and how its altering consumer expectations and behaviour
• Excellent levels of literacy and numeracy essential, above average focus on attention to detail.
• Excellent team player, offers support proactively.
• Experience of Microsoft Office products, Excel and Powerpoint preferred
• Interest in automotive and/or comfortable working in an environment that requires some learning around the product BMW, MINI and Motorrad product range including basic knowledge of technical features.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BMW Group
Innovation is imagining what no one else can. Share your passion for excellence.
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opin
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Farnborough, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1916
Summit Ave, Farnborough, UK