- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 13 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for exceptionally skilled Art Interns to join our Kingdom!
As an Art Intern at King, you will be working within a passionate and experienced team to create magical moments for millions of people. You will be closely collaborating with other Artists, Producers, Game Designers and Developers in order to do this. Your team contribution will help to create the magical characters and worlds that enchant millions in the real one. Examples of what you could be working on as an Art Intern are; 2D Art, 3D Art, Animation, Technical Art and UI Art. For this opportunity, you should be pursuing, or have recently completed a degree in Art or a related course/subject and demonstrate skills in your area of expertise (be that 2D, 3D, Tech Art, etc.)
We have opportunities in London, Barcelona, Berlin, Seattle and San Francisco, please highlight your location preference when you apply.
Skills to create thrills
You should have an interest in games and the ability to work in a flexible and fluid environment, where the job will evolve over time.
Other skills include:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work well, both autonomously, and as part of a larger team.
- Skilled in 2D and/or 3D art, animation or user interface design.
- Strong concept art skills with a good eye for composition and colour.
- You are comfortable with using the Adobe CS package.
- Experience in scripting and plug-in writing for Maya/Photoshop or similar.
- Solid understanding of Programming Languages: Python/C++/C#.
- You should be pursuing, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- The skills listed above are intended to portray the range of roles we have available, you do not need to possess all of these skills to apply! We would look at your own individual skillset and determine which team you will be best suited to.
- Experience working in an agile project environment.
- Previous experience creating casual and/or Facebook games.
- Experience in VFX creation.
- Additional software: Spine/Zbrush/Illustrator.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
Apply now! Applications need to be in English. Our internships can vary in length, depending on the opportunity and your requirements and will take place in Summer 2019.
Please note: We recruit on an ongoing basis, so early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games that are enjoyed all around the world. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), which acquired King in February
- Technology & IT, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2003
178 Wardour St, Soho, London, UK